Smart Questions and Answers
- Cloud Migration Assistance
The flexible way to build a questions and answers based community forum
A Smart Questions and Answers topic page
A topic page (for example "Quality management questions") holds the Smart QA questions overview macro. It allows to ask new questions and search, filter and sort existing questions in that topic.
A question and its answers
Each question is based on a normal Confluence page. The answer section allows you to give answers or comments to answers, vote on answers and accept an answer.
Re-use Confluence content easily
The answer editor allows you to re-use existing Confluence content easily: link to pages or attachments, show images etc.
Smart Questions and Answers brings questions and answers functionality to Confluence Cloud. It is based on existing Confluence features: child-pages under a "topic"-page serve as questions. The main features/benefits are:
- Define as many topics as you like
- As topics and questions are pages you can limit the access with native Confluence means
- Keep using all your macros in questions
- Use your own templates for questions
- Answers can be voted up and accepted (down-voting is configurable)
- Define additional content managers (content managers can approve answers in addition to the question creator and delete answers)
- Search, filter and sort the questions on your topic page
- Questions and answers are findable with the search
- Define groups allowed to answer or respond per topic
- Get notifications on news questions and answers via email, Slack, Microsoft Teams or Google Chat.
- Show statistic and user ranking (optional)
- Create hierarchical topic trees
You are missing a feature? Just let us know.
Privacy and security
Smart Questions and Answers integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- View email addresses of users
- Act on a user's behalf, even when the user is offline
- Delete data from the host application
- Write data to the host application
You have multiple configuration options per topic