Enhance your collaboration by flexible questions and answers functionality - free version available
Simple Questions and Answers follows a different concept. It uses pages under a "topic" page as questions and modifies comments to answers.
A topic page (for example "Quality management questions") holds the Simple QA overview macro. It allows to ask new questions and search, filter and sort existing questions in that topic.
Each question has its own page. Confluence comments are "upgraded" to answers by elements allowing to vote an answer upwards (or downwards if activated) and to accept an answer in case you are the owner of the question.
Want to stay free? Please go here.
Simple Questions and Answers brings questions and answers functionality to Confluence. It is based on existing Confluence features: child-pages under a "topic"-page serve as questions, comments are "upgraded" to answers. The main features/benefits are:
- System-, space-wide or smaller topics - your choice
- Keep using all your macros in questions and answers
- Use your own templates for questions
- Limit the access to certain topics as usual
- Answers can be voted up and accepted (down-voting is configurable)
- Define additional content managers
- Define an individual how-to pop-up message for each topic to get users on board
- Print and export questions and their answers as usual
- Search, filter and sort the questions on your topic page
- Questions and answers are findable with the search
- Mobile support
- Want numbers? See the statistics.
- Anonymous access supported
- Configure an approval reminder
- Watch entire topic or labels
Dear Dana, thank you for the very positive review. Would you mind submitting the improvement here. I might need some more details. Thank you Andreas
Dear Milos, thank you very much for the first and positive review. It was a pleasure fixing this bug with you. Kind regards Andreas
|10 users$10||25 users$50||50 users$100||100 users$200||250 users$300||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. Licenses are perpetual and the purchase price include 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your host product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your host product. The app tier should match the licensed user tier of the Atlassian host product. For example, if you have a Confluence Server license for 25 users, you should purchase the 25-user tier for apps. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your host product license, the two licenses should match exactly.
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses?
For server apps, purchase and renewal is half-price if you have an academic license for your Atlassian host product. Server apps are always free for community and open-source licenses.
For more details about qualifying for special licenses, see here.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian host product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
Purde Software provides support for this app.
Version 1.14.0 • Confluence Server 6.0.1 - 6.9.0 • Released 2018-05-17
This release comes with the following new features:
- Email message templates: all messages can now be configured by you to match your wishes.
- Define initial filtering and sorting: you can define an initial filtering and sorting now.
- Column sorting changed to match most use cases.
- Clear search button added: no need to delete the entry in the search field manually anymore.
- Converting comments back to answers: now you can convert your comments back to answers what was not possible in former versions.
- Content managers: the "additional users allowed to approve" are now called content managers which may also convert answers to comments and back and addition to their existing right to approve answers additionally to the owner.
- Sidebar link: Questions is now also accessible via a sidebar link in case you configured system- or space-wide topics.
- Log into your Confluence instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Simple Questions and Answers via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Simple Questions and Answers. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Simple Questions and Answers begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Confluence instance.
To find older Simple Questions and Answers versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.