Create GitHub Branches from Jira
Creating GitHub branches from Jira
Streamline the process of creating and viewing GitHub branches directly from a Jira issue, saving you time and effort. Designed with security in mind.
- add the GitHub App to your account or organization: https://github.com/apps/jira-bot
- select which repositories you want to create branches in
- create and view branches in a Jira ticket.
By default, this plugin will create a branch with the full issue key, eg. 'SENG-1234', off the main branch. Optionally, this can support:
- the GitFlow pattern creating a branch off of `develop`, such as 'feature/SENG-1234',
- setting a custom branch name, e.g. 'SENG-1234/my-fav-branch', and
- creating a branch of a branch set in a Repository config file.
Installation and configuration docs on GitHub
A secure, stateless design means your data is never stored on our servers. The application doesn't have access to your Jira instance. Note relies on Tracking Cookies to save all settings client side. Safari users must enable cross-site cookies to use this app.
Privacy and security
We've introduced detailed information on privacy, security, data handling, and compliance practices followed by this app.