Attachment Checker for Confluence
Protect your Confluence against unauthorised file attachments
Restrict uploads by file type
Restrict the types of files that are allowed to be uploaded by blacklisting or whitelisting a configured list of file extensions.
Virus scanning on all uploads
Protect against virus by scanning all attachment uploads.
When an infected file is detected, a comment mentioning the user will be added to the page where the file is attached to
Configurable filtering and space quota enforcement
System administrators are allowed to configure a list of file extensions to be filtered, the filtering mode, the error message, and specify their own virus scanner.
🏄 Got questions? Schedule a demo 🚀
Admins can secure their Confluence by
- ensuring conformance of authorised file formats
- detection of infected files
- avoid circulation of virus infected files
- conserve disk space and bandwidth by blocking certain file types
- view disk usage and enforcing attachment quotas by space
It addresses the following Jira issues:
- Restrict Attachments Based on File Type (CONFSERVER-6931)
- Virus Scan attachments (CONFSERVER-4731)
- Block Malicious File Upload (CONFSERVER-20188)
- Attachments cannot be limited to only pictures. Which allows users to upload executables and potential viruses (CONFSERVER-6852)
- Attachment Quota per space (CONFSERVER-6415)
The plugin will help to address the finding commonly raised in Vulnerability Assessment Tests.
- CWE-434: Unrestricted Upload of File with Dangerous Type
We recommend at least 4GB of RAM allocated to the JVM.
Attachment Checker is also available for Jira