Teamworkx Issue Publisher for Jira
- Jira Service Management
- Jira Software
Publishing App featuring Issue Export to Confluence pages and blogs as well as Export to PDF, text files and E-Mails
Publish via Postfunction, operation or event-based
Publishing can be triggered automatically via workflow or event-based. Manual publishing via issue operation is also possible.
Insert and replace field values in templates
For issue-based output exports, Issue Publisher provides helper functions to access system or user-defined fields. Access to Insight attributes will be available as in the server version in the future.
Publish to Confluence Pages, Blogs and Jira
A two-phase publishing replaces variables in templates based on velocity scripts in the first step and then generates the prepared content for the target format.
With Issue Publisher for Jira, you can automatically create and update Confluence pages that include current data of your Jira issue(s). This allows you to generate project documentation, contracts, offers, invoices, "What's new" pages, e.g. automatically out of a Jira application (Jira Work Management, Jira Software, Jira Service Management).
- Configurable issue operations that can be triggered manually, automatically by issue events or from a post function
- Create and update Confluence pages and blog posts
- Move or copy attachments from the issue to the associated Confluence page
- Freely definable layout templates based on Confluence storage format extendable via velocity scripts
- Publish to Jira text fields and comments
- Send Web Requests with freely customizable content
Privacy and security
Teamworkx Issue Publisher for Jira integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Act on a user's behalf, even when the user is offline
- Administer the host application
- Administer Jira projects
- Delete data from the host application
Use existing default templates or create new ones. Templates are used e.g. to create or update Confluence pages and to send web requests.