Approvals – Advanced Issue Acceptance
- Jira Service Management
- Jira Software
Enforce review in your workflow by requiring a selected number of approvals to execute issue transitions
Create custom approval schemas
To enforce review on issues, you can set an approval schema for selected issue status transitions. You can create issue type-specific schemas unique to each project.
Specify reviewers and required number of approvals
To tailor the review process to your needs, you can configure details of each approval schema. You can define a number of approvals required to execute a transition and specify reviewers, e.g., their role or user group.
Monitor review in a dedicated panel
To monitor review progress, numbers of already received and still needed approvals required for a transition are displayed in a dedicated Approvals Panel in Issue View. You can also view approval history.
Approvals - Advanced Issue Acceptance lets you validate issue statuses by enforcing review and requiring approvals for selected status transitions. This way, you get more insight into each issue, encourage teamwork, save time, and improve quality by assuring that only approved transitions are made.
With Approvals - Advanced Issue Acceptance, you can:
- easily create individual approval schemas for issue types in a project.
- prevent execution of selected issue status transitions without required approvals.
- require a specific number of approvals on a transition.
- specify who can approve each transition.
- swiftly edit approval schemas.
- invite reviewers by email.
- allow reviewers to approve transitions via email.
- create a custom template for review invitation emails.
- allow reviewers to revoke their approvals.
- require reviewers to provide reason for rejecting an approval.
- display the required number of approvals in a dedicated panel in Issue View.
- view approval history on issues.
Filtering issues with a dedicated JQL function