Build powerful interactive Jira dashboards in minutes
Add multiple types of useful quick filters. Build dashboards combining different gadgets, all controlled through the same quick filters.
Highlight and classify your issues through colors and tags based on computed criteria. Define multiple views to organize your data in a logical and compact way.
Display statistics based on fields and computed criteria with configurable single or multiple output types - issue count, numerical (e.g. Story Points) and time tracking values.
Rich Filters for Jira adds plenty of powerful features on top of Jira Dashboards. The Rich Filters will transform your Dashboards from static to truly dynamic and interactive operational boards.
Some of the features:
- Quick filters on dashboards
- Multiple types of quick filters, including filters dynamically based on your data, on JQL queries, text, numbers, dates and more
- Computed columns to display tags and colors
- Multiple views for issue results
- Advanced issue statistics and charts
- Export to Excel (.xlsx)
- Update issues individually or in bulk directly from the dashboard
- Build the same interactive dashboards in Confluence!
Try our other products:
- Using Jira Service Desk? Extend your rich filters with Rich Filters for Service Desk Dashboards.
- Add multiple owners to your Jira dashboards and filters with Shared Ownership for Dashboards/Filters.
- Gain more screen space on your Jira dashboards with Collapsible Dashboard Sidebar for Jira.
|10 users$10||25 users$300||50 users$550||100 users$1000||250 users$2000||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. Licenses are perpetual and the purchase price include 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your host product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your host product. For Jira Server 7.0 or later, the app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. For example, if you're running Jira Software (50 users) and Jira Service Desk (10 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 50-user tier for apps. For versions of Jira Server prior to 7.0, the app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly.
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses?
For server apps, purchase and renewal is half-price if you have an academic license for your Atlassian host product. Server apps are always free for community and open-source licenses.
For more details about qualifying for special licenses, see here.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian host product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
Qotilabs is an Atlassian Verified vendor, committed to providing support for their apps at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Version 1.11.0 • Jira Server 7.2.0 - 7.9.2 • Released 2018-03-09
Compatibility with Rich Filters for Service Desk Dashboards
- Do you use Jira Service Desk? Your Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards app can now be extended with the Rich Filters for Service Desk Dashboards app that adds functionality specific to Jira Service Desk on top of the existing rich filters.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.
To learn more, see the detailed release notes.
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Jira instance.
To find older Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.