Build powerful interactive Jira dashboards in minutes
Build powerful interactive Jira dashboards in minutes
Add multiple types of useful quick filters. Build dashboards combining different gadgets, all controlled through the same quick filters.
Highlight and classify your issues through colors and tags based on computed criteria. Define multiple views to organize your data in a logical and compact way.
Display statistics based on fields and computed criteria with configurable single or multiple output types - issue count, numerical (e.g. Story Points) and time tracking values.
Rich Filters for Jira adds plenty of powerful features on top of Jira Dashboards. The Rich Filters will transform your Dashboards from static to truly dynamic and interactive operational boards.
Some of the features:
- Quick filters on dashboards
- Multiple types of quick filters, including filters dynamically based on your data, on JQL queries, text, numbers, dates and more
- Computed columns to display tags and colors
- Multiple views for issue results
- Advanced issue statistics and charts
- Export to Excel (.xlsx)
- Update issues individually or in bulk directly from the dashboard
- Build the same interactive dashboards in Confluence!
Try our other products:
- Using Jira Service Desk? Extend your rich filters with Rich Filters for Service Desk Dashboards.
- Add multiple owners to your Jira dashboards and filters with Shared Ownership for Dashboards/Filters.
- Gain more screen space on your Jira dashboards with Collapsible Dashboard Sidebar for Jira.
Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!
We would very much like to be able to offer a Cloud version of the Rich Filters. Unfortunately, due to limitations in the Jira Cloud API it would be very hard if not impossible to provide the same functionality we currently offer on the Server version. At the same time we have a huge roadmap for the Server and Data Center versions that we are very excited about. It is for these reasons that for the short/medium term we don't plan to develop a Cloud version.
Thanks again for your feedback!
Thanks so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!
You can in fact control who has access to the rich filters setup. You can control who can create, edit and view the rich filters.
You have a global setting which allows you to restrict Rich Filter creation rights (by default this is set to 'Anyone' as we believe everybody should use our rich filters but as an admin you can restrict this to any group, like jira-administrators for instance). You can also restrict Rich Filter edit rights at Rich Filter level. And you can restrict view rights through the shares of the base filter. Here you can read more about 'Rights and Permissions'. Also, please don't hesitate to contact us for more details.
|10 users$10||25 users$300||50 users$550||100 users$1,000||250 users$2,000||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. This app is sold as a perpetual license, and the purchase price includes 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your Atlassian product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your Atlassian product. For Jira 7.0 or later, the app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. For example, if you're running Jira Software (500 users) and Jira Service Desk (25 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 500-user tier for apps. For versions of Jira prior to 7.0, the app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly.
- Can I install this app in a Data Center product?
This app does not have a a Data Center approved version. Only apps meeting a set of performance requirements for large, clustered environments are approved for Data Center.
However, while server apps are built for single-server deployments, many customers successfully install them in Data Center products. If you're using a Data Center product, Atlassian recommends you contact the vendor to determine compatibility at scale.
Learn more about Data Center approved apps
- What type of license do I need if I'm using this app in a Data Center product?
Because this app does not have a Data Center approved version, you should purchase a Server license if you decide to install this app in a Data Center product.
Learn more about Data Center licensing
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses for server apps?
For server apps, academic licenses are available at a 50% discount if you have an academic license for your Atlassian product.
Community and open-source licenses are available for server apps. Learn more about community and open source licenses.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
Qotilabs is an Atlassian Verified vendor, committed to providing support for their apps at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Version 1.11.1 • Jira Server 7.2.0 - 7.12.2 • Released 2018-06-05
Compatibility with Jira 7.10 and other minor improvements and fixes
- Compatibility with Jira 7.10
- Minor improvements and fixes
Don't have Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards v1.11 yet? Check out the highlights in the Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards v1.11 release notes.
Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards v1.11 can be extended with the Rich Filters for Service Desk Dashboards app that adds functionality specific to Jira Service Desk on top of the existing rich filters.
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Jira instance.
To find older Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.