As we continue to move towards a cloud future together, new server app sales and installs are no longer available for customers. You can update app version via Atlassian Marketplace until the end of support for server on Feb 15, 2024. Learn more
GitLab Connector for Data Centre will be released in March 2023
Integrate GitLab CE / EE changesets in Jira
Almost no configuration is required!
Don't miss a single commit
Define several fallback Jira users to be used when e-mail addresses in pushed changesets do not match any Jira user.
Secure the connection between GitLab and Jira using HTTPS and a shared secret.
GitLab Connector is a Jira add-on allowing the reception of GitLab push events using GitLab project web hooks. This add-on allows integration of commits pushed to GitLab inside Jira issues.
Issue keys are extracted from commit messages; then, these messages are logged as Jira comments, activities, work logs and / or workflow transitions linking back to the GitLab changesets.
GitLab includes a basic GitLab-Jira integration. This add-on extends that basic integration allowing you to:
- Reference multiple issues in a single commit message.
- Use commit messages to execute any workflow transition (i.e. not just closing issues).
- Use commit messages to generate worklogs (i.e. time tracking).
- Restrict visibility of comments, etc. generated by the add-on to a project role.
- Select between generating Jira comments or Jira activities.
- Link GitLab and Jira users instead of generating Jira comments using a generic Jira API user as the basic integration does.
- Support multiple Jira issue key formats.
Privacy and security
Include Jira issues in your commit messages, push changesets to GitLab CE / EE, and automatically generate Jira comments, work logs, workflow transitions... referencing those changesets and linked to Jira users.