GitLab Connector for Jira
- Jira Service Management
- Jira Software
Need a more efficient solution for GitLab - Jira integration? GitLab Connector is your answer. It is simple to use & it works
Push JIRA issues to Gitlab
Allows integration of commits pushed to GitLab within JIRA issues Issue keys are extracted from commit messages, then these messages are logged as JIRA comments, activities, work logs and/or workflow transitions
Set up a web hook to integrate Gitlab to JIRA
For each GitLab project you want to integrate with JIRA, you need to set up a web hook in order to submit all push events to the connector. Remember to include the value of the Shared Secret query string of the URL
Monitor the app’s performance
Uses a simple underlying table to keep track of the commits already processed
GitLab Connector is a Jira add-on allowing the reception of GitLab push events using GitLab project web hooks. This add-on allows integration of commits pushed to GitLab inside Jira issues.
Issue keys are extracted from commit messages; then, these messages are logged as Jira comments, activities, work logs and / or workflow transitions linking back to the GitLab changesets.
GitLab includes a basic GitLab-Jira integration. This add-on extends that basic integration allowing you to:
- Reference multiple issues in a single commit message.
- Use commit messages to execute any workflow transition (i.e. not just closing issues).
- Use commit messages to generate worklogs (i.e. time tracking).
- Restrict visibility of comments, etc. generated by the add-on to a project role.
- Select between generating Jira comments or Jira activities.
- Link GitLab and Jira users instead of generating Jira comments using a generic Jira API user as the basic integration does.
- Support multiple Jira issue key formats.