- Version 3.6.1 • Released 2018-10-13 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
- Fixed: Zephyr test steps are not rendered with "issue-navigator-with-zephyr-test-steps.xlsx" template
- Fixed: Zephyr test step results are not rendered with "issue-navigator-with-zephyr-test-step-results.xlsx" template
- Fixed: default column configuration is exported when saved filter is modified in Issue Navigator
- Version 3.6.0 • Released 2018-09-13 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
New in this release
- "Better Excel Plugin for Jira" is now called "Better Excel Exporter for Jira"!
- Improved support for Jira Service Desk custom fields
- Support for the Development Summary custom field type (branches, commits, pull requests)
- More error-tolerant export of "non-officially-supported" custom field types
- Limit for concurrent Excel renderings
- "All fields" type Excel views are not activated for the Issue Navigator context, by default. (You can, of course, turn those on any time.)
- Support for the Insight custom field type "Insight Object/s".
- Fixed: SLA values are exported as blank cells from more recent Jira Service Desk versions
- Fixed: pivot tables are not rendered with the template zephyr-report.xlsx due to a broken named range reference
- Version 3.5.0 • Released 2018-07-16 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
This version is a compatibility release for the Jira 7.11 line.
- $componentManager was removed from the rendering context. Read the full release notes to learn what it means for custom templates and scripts.
- Version 3.4.2 • Released 2018-06-22 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
- Fixed: "Export" menu is not visible on Service Desk queue screen with Jira Service Desk 3.10.0+.
- Version 3.4.0 • Released 2018-02-27 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
New in this release
- Support for Tempo period- and user filters
- Faster export of Tempo worklogs via pre-loading
- Support for Time to SLA
- Support for user properties
- Formatting is consistently set to "dd/mmm/yyyy" for date and "dd/mmm/yyyy hh:mm" for date-time values in all templates shipped with the app.
- Fixed: JIRA Service Desk SLA field values are not exported with more recent Service Desk versions.
- Version 3.3.0 • Released 2017-11-20 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
This version is a compatibility release for the Jira 7.6 line.
- Version 3.2.0 • Released 2017-10-02 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
Support for Zephyr
Zephyr is the most popular test management solution for the Jira platform. From this Better Excel Plugin version, you can export Zephyr tests, test steps, test executions and test step results to Excel. Four templates are provided out of the box that solve the most typical Excel exporting and reporting use cases (and as always, can be customized!). See some sample exports from Zephyr and learn more about this integration.
- Default titles and default filenames are generated according to a slightly revised logic: "issue key" (for single issues), "search request name" (for saved filters with a name), "Excel view name (Jira title)" in this order of precedence.
- Fixed: character encoding in Tempo worklog comments (that use international characters) may break when exporting from Jira instances hosted on Windows
- Fixed: "Reporter" column is empty with the "created-vs-resolved-report.xlsx" or "insight-report.xlsx" templates
- Version 3.1.0 • Released 2017-09-08 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
This version is a compatibility release for the Jira 7.5 line.
- Version 3.0.0 • Released 2017-08-01 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
Major performance improvements
We reworked the resource intensive operations in the add-on code and in the default templates for faster and more stable Excel exports.
New "Performance Tuning" page
We compiled a page about what to do and what to avoid when developing custom templates for large scale of data.
- New tag parameter can specify the cell padding to avoid "######" cells and unwanted text wrapping (both caused by narrow columns).
- New tag parameters can drastically speed up auto-sizing by limiting the cell region to test for optimal column width and optimal row height.
- New tag parameter makes it faster to render horizontal iterations.
- Blank cell coloring helps to verify if your templates are clean and tidy.
- Cell-level logging can generate super-detailed logs for trouble-shooting (you will rarely need it, but it's there now).
- Version 2.6.0 • Released 2017-06-21 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
The nFeed add-on integrates external data sources (SQL databases, LDAP, Active Directory, REST APIs, Salesforce, CSV files, etc.) to Jira. From this version, Better Excel Plugin is tightly integrated with nFeed, allowing you to export all nFeed custom fields to Excel. More than data export, you can easily implement custom reporting and Business Intelligence on nFeed data.
- Version 2.5.0 • Released 2017-05-17 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
Support for the Insight asset management add-on (by Riada)
Insight is the leading asset management add-on for Jira, that allows implementing CMDB, CRM, HR, ITSM or ITIL functionality on the Jira platform. From this version, Better Excel Plugin is tightly integrated with Insight, allowing you to export all Insight custom fields with the desired granularity (object keys, names, and attributes) to Excel. More than data export, you can easily implement custom reporting and Business Intelligence on Insight data.
- Fixed: Long issue keys like "VERYLONGPROJECTKEY-123" cannot be exported from agile boards (because of being shortened to "VERYLONG...-123")
- Version 2.4.1 • Released 2017-04-26 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
This version fixes the problem of the Excel rendering randomly failing with mysterious classloading related exceptions: "NoClassDefFoundError: ZipPackagePropertiesMarshaller" and "ExceptionInInitializerError" (caused by "ClassCastException: PackagePropertiesMarshaller.").
Root cause: when using the Better Excel Plugin in an automation context, Automation Lite uses its own classloader to eagerly load and initialize an XML related class.
Fix: although the problem is not in the Better Excel Plugin side, we managed to develop a fix for this.
- Version 2.4.0 • Released 2017-03-03 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
Performance improvements for spreadsheets with many columns
It primarily improves the performance the "issue-navigator*.xlsx" templates (up to 300-400% faster for hundreds of columns).
New convenience methods can save the admin from correctly setting the custom field IDs prior to using a template.
New "repeating fields" templates
The repeating field version of 2 templates are now available.
New calculated field type: "Excel parent key"
This new calculated field can show the parent key for sub-tasks.
- SLA time values are now exported as decimal numbers (formatted as "1.75 h")
- New recipe: Exporting SLA status from Jira Service Desk
- Fixed: some fields ignore the timezone of the current user
- Fixed: XLSM and XLS format export files are served with the XLSX files' MIME type
- Fixed: Formulas containing "<" cannot be parsed
- Fixed: 2 templates use the TEXT() function, which may break in non-English Excels
There's a lot more in the full release notes!
- Version 2.3.0 • Released 2017-01-05 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
This version is a compatibility release for the Jira 7.3 line.
- Version 2.2.0 • Released 2016-12-16 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
This version enables to configure visibility rules for the Excel views. Also, Better Excel Plugin now seamlessly integrates with the user interface of the most widely used Jira plugins: Jira Agile, Jira Service Desk and Tempo. As for the templates, it generates hyperlinks for the Issue key and Summary columns, and it standardizes on using the 1900 date system.
- View visibility: you can set up smart visibility conditions for the Excel views.
- User interface integration with Jira Agile (backlog and Scrum/Kanban board views), Jira Service Desk (ticket queues) and Tempo (timesheet, calendar, report and list views)
- New cell type: "link": it was introduced to turn the cell type of the Issue key and Summary columns from plain text into links.
- Fixed: Excel API (and Excel Automation for Jira) always generates files with the ".xlsx" extension even if the template is ".xls" or ".xlsm" type
- Fixed: "All fields" type exports at single issues export only a subset of the fields
- Version 2.1.0 • Released 2016-08-29 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
This version is simply a compatibility release for the Jira 7.2 line.
- Version 2.0.0 • Released 2016-06-07 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
Quick editor to make changes in the Groovy scripts.
Utilize VBA to enhance your exports with dynamic behavior (format, update, post-process content) and interactions (ex: display alerts).
Auto-conversion for all date values
All date type system fields (creation date, resolution date, etc.) and custom fields (date picker, date time picker) are automatically transformed to Excel's date representation. (Check the upgrade guide if you used formulas with dates previously!)
Use the new export option to export all user account information to Excel.
- User-friendly warning message when trying to export more issues than the limit
- Correct file extension and MIME type for XLSX, XLSM and XLS templates
- "mt:autosize" tag can resize rows only, columns only or both
- Support for the "creator" field
- View names can contain alphanumeric characters in any language
- Guide for non-English versions of Excel
- Version 1.3.0 • Released 2016-01-11 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
Support for Jira Data Center
In a clustered Jira environment, all configuration including Excel templates, Groovy scripts and other resources are transparently replicated among the nodes by the add-on. When exporting, you can access any random node in the cluster to get your Excel spreadsheet. Therefore, the add-on fully supports Jira enterprise deployments.
Support for Jira 6.2 - 7.0
We extended the range of compatible Jira versions to cover all modern Jira versions.
- MIME type is changed to the standard "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet", in order not to confuse your browser.
- If the actor's username is mistyped in an automation rule's configuration, the add-on reports it as WARN in the log.
- Version 1.2.0 • Released 2015-11-16 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
This version is a compatibility release for the Jira 7 line, also maintaining compatibility with the Jira 6 line.
The only functional change is that calculated fields can now be used without creating the corresponding "placeholder custom fields" (it was required in previous versions).
- Version 1.1.0 • Released 2015-09-11 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
By introducing the "fieldHelper" tool, all custom field types are exported to their optimal Excel representation.
Calculated fields are a new concept in the Better Excel Plugin, to represent Excel values dynamically calculated during the export!
- Export the Jira Agile-specific custom field types, like Sprint, Epic, Story Points, etc., to Excel.
- A report template to analyze story points by projects, assignees, sprints and epics.
- Export the Jira Service Desk-specific custom field types, like SLA, Request Participants, Customer Request Type to Excel.
- A report template to analyze SLA by projects, assignees, request types and request participants.
- Export the Tempo-specific custom field types, like Account, Team, Iteration, and the Tempo managed worklogs to Excel.
- A report template to analyze planned- and spent time by projects, assignees, accounts, iterations and teams.
- Version 1.0.0 • Released 2014-11-18 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
After so many months in beta status, we are happy to announce that Better Excel Plugin for Jira is now ready for production use. Starting from this version, Midori offers its usual commercial support also for this product.
- Version 0.8.0 • Released 2014-09-30 • Supported By Midori Global Consulting Kft. • Paid via Vendor • Commercial
After many months of closed beta status, Midori is proud to release this new add-on on Atlassian Marketplace.