Similar and Related Issues Finder
Discover similar, duplicate and related issues easily
Prevent duplicate issue creation
Duplicate issues can lead to confusion, wasted time, and lack of productivity.By preventing duplicates, this add-on helps teams focus on completing tasks and achieving project goals without the distraction of duplicates.
View similar and related issues on the issue view
On the issue view, you can view similar and related issues. You can customize related issues on project or issue level and you can have multiple related issue settings for every issue or project.
You can configure the app per project
You can disable/enable various features of the app at project level.
The app enables you to detect and minimize duplicate or similar issues, reducing the total number of issues you need to handle. It leverages Jira's free text index for search and does not create its own index.
It also features a "related issues" function that allows you to identify related issues based on issue or project level configurations.
You have the flexibility to configure which issue fields are displayed on the result table, and preview issue descriptions by simply hovering over the icon. Say goodbye to having multiple issue tabs open on your browser!
With the app, you can create multiple configurations at the issue or project level for related issues and switch between them. This feature is similar to a saved parametric JQL search at the issue level. Here are some ideas:
- Fixed in the same release
- Due by the end of the current week
- Has the same parent
- Issues of the same organization
- Issues created this week and assigned to the same assignee
- Issues of the same sprint
Privacy and security
We've introduced detailed information on privacy, security, data handling, and compliance practices followed by this app.
Similar and Related Issues Finder integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Take Jira administration actions (e.g. create projects and custom fields, view workflows, manage issue link types).
- View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars.
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.
- View the profile details for the currently logged-in user.
You don't need to navigate to the issue to see it's description, you can just hover on the preview icon.