A hook that enforces a pull request for configurable Git branches
Configure Git branches to protect
Either use specific ref-ids (e.g., "refs/heads/master") or Bitbucket's branch permission patterns (e.g., "releases/**") to protect Git branches from pushes without pull requests.
Generate ASCII art hook message
Use your own hook message or generate a beautiful ASCII art which a user sees when trying to push without a pull request. Pushes by service users (e.g., a CI system) and already reviewed changes can be ignored.
No push without pull request
This hook prevents pushes to any of the specified Git ref-ids without a pull request. The user is informed by the configured error message why a push is not allowed.
- Supports specific values (e.g., "refs/heads/master") and patterns known from Bitbucket's branch permissions page (e.g., "releases/**") to protect Git references from pushes without pull requests
- Configurable users (e.g., the release or integration manager) can be allowed to push directly
- Service users (e.g., a CI system connecting to Stash/Bitbucket Server with an access key) can be allowed to push directly
- Pushes to branches of open pull requests can be allowed
- Supports the creation of beautiful ASCII art messages which makes the hook message stand out in the console of the user
More Bitbucket apps you'll like:
✔️ Default Tasks/ToDo lists for better reviews and to automate processes - Pull Request Checklist Buddy for Bitbucket
Our new apps you'll like 😁:
No More Secrets for Jira - Keeping your Jira issues safe from secrets
Developer Statistics for Confluence - Statistics for developers and engineering managers to get more data-driven insights.
Privacy and security