Issue Type Filters
- Jira Service Management
- Jira Software
Select issue types available in the Create Issue window - limit issue types visible by user groups/roles or allow all
Create a scheme. As usual, you edit it, and associate it to projects, under Schemes (see menu).
In the Schemes section, click Edit rules to edit rules. Add an issue type, then select "Allow all", or use groups to limit who can create the issue type.
When the users opens the Global Issue Create window, rules are applied. See screenshot.
Issue Type Filters for Jira (Cloud), is an App that features:
- Restrict the issue types available for creation. Allow all to create, or allow users that has specific group membership.
- The filters/rules are applied for the Create Issue operation. (Global Issue Create window only)
- Scheme based, such that a scheme of rules can be applied to multiple projects.
- The filters/rules are applied when a user opens the GIC (Global Issue Create) window.
Limitations for now:
- We are working on getting "roles membership" to work, to supplement groups.
- Currently, the App only supports company-managed and team-managed Jira Software and Jira Work Management projects. Projects for Jira Service Management, won’t work at this stage.
Difference to the Datacenter/Server version:
The security part part of the DC/Server version is not possible to support on Cloud at this stage.
Privacy and security
Issue Type Filters integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Take Jira administration actions (e.g. create projects and custom fields, view workflows, manage issue link types).
- View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars.
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.
- Create and edit issues in Jira, post comments as the user, create worklogs, and delete issues.
Find the schemes overview under Apps -> Issue Type Filters.