Zendesk Support for Jira
Create a seamless workflow between Zendesk Support tickets and Jira issues and unite your support and engineering teams
Ensure no bugs are left behind
Support teams can easily escalate and link Zendesk tickets to Jira issues. Notify engineering of bugs that are impeding your customer’s experience and get updates on the issue’s resolution—all from within Zendesk.
A holistic view from support to engineering
Within Jira, engineers will have a complete view of customer conversations related to an issue. They can collaborate with your support team to resolve issues—without having to leave Jira.
Complete control of data sharing
Customize the Zendesk add-on for Jira to fit your teams’ workflows. You can choose the info you want to show from Jira in Zendesk, and share tags from Zendesk to Jira too.
- Jira data is displayed in the Zendesk sidebar, next to a ticket. You have complete control over what Jira info is shown.
- Link one or more Zendesk tickets to existing Jira issues.
- Create a new Jira issue from within Zendesk with all the info your engineering team needs.
- Notify a Jira user through a comment in Zendesk.
- Tags from Zendesk to Jira are shared allowing you to power your workflows.
- Linked Zendesk tickets are displayed in the Zendesk activity tab within Jira —providing a view of all public and private comments.
- Click on a Zendesk ticket to expand and view ticket info and full conversations between the customer and support agent.
- Linked Zendesk tickets are also displayed in the sidebar next to the corresponding Jira issue. You have complete control over what custom fields are shown from Zendesk in Jira.
- Your Jira users can choose to notify either the customer or the Zendesk support agent.
- Use workflow to automatically notify linked Zendesk tickets.
Privacy and security
Zendesk Support for Jira integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Write data to the host application
- Read data from the host application
Configuration. Connect to Zendesk and select which ticket fields to display.