- Version 3.1.3 • Released 2019-05-27 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
Compatibility with Confluence 6.15.4.
- Version 3.1.2 • Released 2019-01-29 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
PLAYSQL-265 Since we don't get much information from the usage job, and although administrators could simply disable it, we've just removed it.
We've also removed the Heroku integration, since it was disabled a year ago.
- Version 2.13.5 • Released 2017-10-31 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
PLAYSQL-239 Another attempt at fixing the error in the Query Editor.
Also, improve the setup to require the administrator to test the connection before validating, so that the dialect is successfully detected.
- Version 2.12.1 • Released 2017-05-17 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
See the release notes for the rest of the details:
- PLAYSQL-222 In the setup, we require a schema name when in spreadsheet mode (read-write).
- PLAYSQL-222 Fix the space drop-down in the setup. It lets you set different connection details for a given space than the global connection.
- PLAYSQL-219 Fix a bug with the User picker and Page picker for cells.
- PLAYSQL-218 Fix minor bugs for Internet explorer.
- PLAYSQL-194 Fix the row menu, which didn't appear in some configurations.
- PLAYSQL-206 We use an external plugin named "PSEA" to export to Excel. The plugin is shared between Play SQL and Requirement Yogi, which decreases the memory requirements by 15Mb for instances where both are installed. PSEA must be present, and is installed when Play SQL is installed.
- Version 2.11.7 • Released 2016-11-02 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
- PLAYSQL-208 Compatibility with Confluence 6.0 and bugfix for Confluence Data Center.
- PLAYSQL-203 Require a dialect when administering a connection.
- PLAYSQL-202 In the setup, hide the Next button until the administrator saves the connection.
- PLAYSQL-201 Warn if the space key is not set in the macro (invisible, but necessary field – This happens when the macro is initially created on a global template).
- PLAYSQL-199 Change class names so we can install Bob Swift's plugin alongside Play SQL.
- PLAYSQL-193 Anonymous should be able to run queries, if the space permissions allow anonymous to see a page.
- Version 2.11.4 • Released 2015-12-02 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
PLAYSQL-192 - Fix compatibility for Confluence 5.9.1 (compatibility with 5.10 too).
No feature change in this bugfix version.
It has become difficult to provide comptability over both Java 7 and 8, and over several Confluence versions.
In this particular version, we had to drop compatibility with older versions of Confluence. Most customers who keep the add-on up-to-date also upgrade their Confluence instance from time to time, so we hope this will be minor inconvenience.
Going forward, we desire to keep the old policy: We maximize the backwards-compatibility when possible. It is only in this version that we've met particular difficulties. Thank you.
- Version 2.11.1 • Released 2015-10-02 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
- PLAYSQL-182 Ability to style PDF exports through custom CSS: Every macro has id & class attributes.
- PLAYSQL-176 Fix for the column aliases ('AS' keyword) in MySQL.
For Play SQL Spreadsheet (the paid version):
- Version 2.10.10 • Released 2015-08-19 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
- PLAYSQL-157 Fixed a problem where rows couldn't be copied. However, in some situations, the user still needs to wait for 2 seconds before copying the row, otherwise nothing is copied.
- PLAYSQL-170 When the pagination is displayed, provide the ability to display all rows, reduce margins and go full-screen.
- Version 2.10.8 • Released 2015-07-20 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
This release contains a few improvements which have been requested by several users. Especially, the navigation to/from the Query Editor was improved by a "Cancel" link and breadcrumbs for the Documentation Theme of Confluence.
- PLAYSQL-98 User Parameters: Allow blank default value
- PLAYSQL-151 User Parameters: Fix frozen value in page view
- PLAYSQL-139 Navigation: Add menu in the toolbar of the editor for cancellation. Add breadcrumbs for old theme.
I would personally also like to highlight:
- PostgreSQL makes it possible to embed read-only data from foreign databases, like MySQL (the feature is names Foreign Tables).
- Given a foreign, read-only table, you can augment it with comments/additional columns using the Joint Tables feature of Play SQL Spreadsheets.
- Notably, we've fixed: PLAYSQL-153 Automatically create the underlying comments table for Joint Tables.
- Version 2.10.7 • Released 2015-07-15 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
PLAYSQL-141: Customer reported an problem when using Confluence 5.8.5 and JNDI datasources. It is due to a classpath issue when instantiating a datasource.
PLAYSQL-143: Fix an issue for MySQL about the database details. Also fix the autofilters/sort for MySQL.
- Version 2.10.4 • Released 2015-06-26 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
- Dialects are now open-source. See Play SQL Dialects on BitBucket. Contributions are welcome, in order to extend vendor compatibility.
- New blueprint in the Create button in order to start a query.
- Version 2.9.1 • Released 2015-01-30 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
See the bug tracker for details:
- Confluence 5.7: Fix UI design,
- Confluence 5.7: Fix colliding keyboard shortcut and spreadsheet edition,
- Fix selecting text in cells,
- Fix the display port scrolling when editing a cell
- Fix changing a column's name
- Version 2.8.3 • Released 2014-12-01 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
- PLAYSQL-94 Autofilters: Click on the header, select a filter... Done!
- Version 2.8 • Released 2014-11-14 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
There are so many changes and improvements in this release that we hope to satisfy many long-standing user requests in one single version! See Release Notes 2.8.
Important: Confluence 5.3 and Java 7 are required.
- Queries can now use the same renderers as Spreadsheets,
- Rich / Static / Print layouts,
- User Parameters for queries,
- Upgrade of the system requirements,
- MySQL and Oracle users are still unsupported, but they have a specific dialect. A small configuration task is required for those users.
- Version 2.6.5 • Released 2014-05-04 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
- PLAYSQL-65 Ability to remove the table header
- Version 2.5 • Released 2013-12-14 • Supported By Adrien Ragot • Free • Commercial - no charge
New in this release
- SQL Wizards - Help your users get started writing queries thanks to the SQL wizards.
- Colorful SQL editor - It's so important to feel at home in your query editor!
- Table panel - On the right of the editor, browse tables and their columns in the panel.