- Adds support for Stash 3.2 and the new home directory layout
- Restores support for Stash 2.7.0 and higher
- Adds support for running on Java 8
Version 1.3.0 is compiled against Stash 3.2 and is part of the Stash 3 release family. As with Stash 3, 3.1 and 3.2, backup client version 1.3.0 and higher require Java 7.
Additionally, there is a known issue with Java 7u65, 7u67 and 8u11 where the backup client fails on startup with a VerifyError. Further details are available on STASH-5069. This is an issue with the JDK itself. The workaround is to use -noverify when running the backup client on these versions, pending a JDK-level fix from Oracle.
Stash 2.11 includes changes to its home directory layout, which are reflected in this new release. This release requires Stash 2.11 or higher. If you are on Stash 2.10.x or earlier, you must use the 1.1.x version instead.
This release addresses issues found in the initial beta release:
- More extensive help text
- The client deletes incomplete backup files if the backup is cancelled or fails
- Fixed IncompatibleClassChangeError when running on JDK6
- Fixed error when compressing long directory names
- Fixed incorrect detection of the backup home being within Stash home
- When an error occurs, show a few lines of the stack trace on the command line to save checking the logs