Markdown Macro, HTML, PlantUML, LaTeX, Diagrams, Open API
As we continue to move towards a cloud future together, new server app sales and installs are no longer available for customers. You can update app version via Atlassian Marketplace until the end of support for server on Feb 15, 2024. Learn more
Embed Markdown, HTML, PlantUML, LaTeX, Diagrams, AsciiDoc, Graphviz, Mermaid, Swagger, and Open API from Git, Attachments or text
Markdown Support for Confluence
Render markdown on your Confluence page by adding Markdown Macro and providing the content you need. Available for Server and Data Center.
Markdown from inline text and public URL
Insert inline text or public URL (including GitHub and Bitbucket) into the macro body to include the content on the Confluence page. Supports headers, tables, images, code blocks, and more.
Secure admin configurations
Administrators can Whitelist domains and IP addresses to control the links users insert in a macro body.
Please check the document on the differences between the Cloud and On Prem version.
Extend Confluence functionality with Markdown Macro.
- Insert Markdown content into a macro body;
- Display Markdown text on your Confluence page;
- Render Markdown from the inline text (tables, pictures, code snippets, links, etc.);
- Render Markdown from public URLs (including GitHub and Bitbucket);
- Enable Whitelist (domains and IP addresses) for Markdown From URL Macro;
- Enable Azure DevOps support in configuration settings.
To protect customer security, this macro does NOT support inline HTML.
We support CommonMark spec 0.28. See https://spec.commonmark.org/0.28/ for details.
Code highlighting is provided via https://highlightjs.org
This app offers additional security, reliability, and support through:
- Cloud security participation
- Reliability checks
- 24hr support response time
- and more.
Privacy and security
When working with a Confluence page, go to "Insert more content" and select "Other Macros" to open the browser. Enter "Markdown" into the search field and choose the macro you need to insert.