Fix applied to correct an issue with invalid variable names causing crashes in the Bamboo Config Generation, Patch Submitted by Lachlan Pease
ASM Script for Atlassian
- Version 0.2.7 • Released 2015-01-22 • No Vendor Support • Free • GNU Public License (GPL)
Changes available in the latest version (v0.2.6):
*Fix - Updated Stash functions to support Stash 3.5.0+*Fix - Improved speed of checking for Perl modules*Fix - Removed deprecated code*Enh - Removed deprecated versions from LATEST*Imp - Cleaned up CreateOSUser function*Imp - Removed deprecated function generateCrowdPropertiesFile*Imp - Removed check for 64 bit Architecture questions*Fix - Other minor fixes
This release of ASM for Atlassian resolves the following issues:
- Gathering existing config from Confluence and Jira broken
- Services running as root would not stop correctly
- Menu not reloading following Bamboo upgrade
Changes available in the latest version (v0.2.3):
- Fix - Init.D permissions incorrect
- Fix - Permissions on directories are sometimes incorrect (fix submitted by Bradley Baetz)
- Fix - Unable to access https URLs through proxy (fix submitted by Bradley Baetz)
- Fix - Hyphen's not accepted in hostname
- (fix submitted by Bradley Baetz)
- Feature - Clear plugin caches of Jira and Confluence on upgrades (to get around occasional cache corruption)
- Improvement - Akamai CDN now used for all update URLS for ASM for Atlassian script to speed up the update process
- Improvement - Future bug fixes to config files and existing installs will only be run once. Patch level is now tracked.
A big thanks goes out to Bradley for his comprehensive submissions and contributions to this version.
- [ATLASMGR-334] - Crowd Seraph Config Broken for Jira and Confluence
- [ATLASMGR-335] - Backup and restore of crowd.properties not working correctly
New Features + Improvements
- NOTE: Script Updates Fixed... you may need to manually update
- Binary installers for Confluence and Jira have been dropped (faster upgrades).
- Creates passwords for any system (OS) users that are created.
- Downloads new install files before shutting down services (to minimise downtime).
- Improved duplicate ports function.
- Detects and warn for SELinux.
- Improved service scripts to kill hung processes.
- Adds advanced dunctions menu.
- Provides option to force UIDs and GIDs for user accounts creation.
- Provides a "service atlassian stop/start/restart" script to manage all applications at once.
- Visually identifies if upgrades to applications are available, also tells you what version you have installed and what version is available.
- CATALINA_OPTS can now be managed in addition to JAVA_OPTS
- Install and upgrade processes improved (better user experience)
- Backups can now be compressed
- Many other improvements under the hood to increase stability and the user experience
- [ATLASMGR-277] - Auto updates fail on older versions of bash due to regex issue
- [ATLASMGR-278] - Apache reverse Proxy always sets http
- [ATLASMGR-288] - Bamboo not applying port number correctly for Bamboo 5+
- [ATLASMGR-289] - Uninitialized value $needJDBC on upgrading Jira
- [ATLASMGR-294] - False assumption that the service command will always be the user the app runs under
- [ATLASMGR-295] - Expat DEVEL Package needs to be added to Redhat
- [ATLASMGR-298] - getEnvironmentDebugInfo Breaks --enable-eap
- [ATLASMGR-263] - Quick URL screen shows ARRAY[XXX]
- [ATLASMGR-264] - On get existing config a NULL confluence context is interpreted as the default /confluence
- [ATLASMGR-265] - Crowd service stop not working on upgrade
- [ATLASMGR-266] - Confluence gather existing could not get user + flowon effect
- [ATLASMGR-267] - Confluence upgrade crashes
- [ATLASMGR-269] - Bamboo Apache Proxy Config needs additional Jetty line
- [ATLASMGR-270] - Minor error on checking Jira config
- [ATLASMGR-276] - Crowd context not correctly picked up on getExistingCrowdConfig
- [ATLASMGR-273] - Output script version in gather environmental debug function
- [ATLASMGR-274] - Output perl modules and versions as part of environmental debug
- [ATLASMGR-275] - Oracle JDBC Driver no longer bundled with Confluence
- [ATLASMGR-272] - Increment Version Numbers and Supported Version
Release Notes - ASM Script for Atlassian Development - Version 0.1.5
* [ATLASMGR-256] - OpenSSL package not being correctly installed on Debian
* [ATLASMGR-257] - Add OS version to environmental debug information
* [ATLASMGR-259] - At the end of each install make it clear that the web wizard has to be completed
** New Feature
* [ATLASMGR-258] - Add menu option to show the URLs of each application + ports
* [ATLASMGR-261] - Prepare version for Release
- Release Notes - ASM Script for Atlassian Development - Version 0.1.4
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-251'>ATLASMGR-251</a>] - Bamboo crowd.properties is not copied
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-249'>ATLASMGR-249</a>] - Improve auto updater to handle if perl script did not update correctly
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-250'>ATLASMGR-250</a>] - Change order of operations on Atlassian Binary Install to match the Generic Installer
<h2> New Feature
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-247'>ATLASMGR-247</a>] - Add runtime command line parameter to permit EAP downloads
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-248'>ATLASMGR-248</a>] - Prepare 0.1.4 for release
Release Notes - ASM Script for Atlassian Development - Version 0.1.3
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-246'>ATLASMGR-246</a>] - Script updater is not working correectly with three octet version
Release Notes - ASM Script for Atlassian Development - Version 0.1.2
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-239'>ATLASMGR-239</a>] - Stash default port is incorrect
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-240'>ATLASMGR-240</a>] - crowdIntegration will never be set for crowd... Causes minor unititialized string value error.
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-241'>ATLASMGR-241</a>] - Issue with config generation showing "default" during confluence install
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-242'>ATLASMGR-242</a>] - Unititialised Values on Due to generateCrowdPropertiesFile
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-243'>ATLASMGR-243</a>] - JavaMemParamFile not defined on Stash Install
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-245'>ATLASMGR-245</a>] - Hard fail on upgrade if crowd.properties does not exist
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-244'>ATLASMGR-244</a>] - Increment version numbers for release
Release Notes - ASM Script for Atlassian Development - Version 0.1.1
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-238'>ATLASMGR-238</a>] - Rebrand from Atlassian Suite Manager to ASM Script for Atlassian