Collaborative code editing in the cloud
With the Stash Realtime Editor, you can edit a file from the Stash web interface. You don't have to clone the repo just for a quick documentation update.
Using Firebase's operational transform based collaboration service, Stash Realtime Editor allows you to share a link and edit your files as a group, simultaneously.
You can access the Stash Realtime Editor from Stash's source view page through the "Edit" button.
Have you ever wanted to quickly edit a file in a repository without having to clone it? Or pair with another developer across the world in real-time?
Meet the Stash Realtime Editor, edit files in realtime directly from the Stash interface - no cloning, no local editor.
- Stash 3.0.0 or later
- an internet connection (the Stash server and any collaborating clients must be able to communicate with https://stasheditor.firebaseio.com to use the collaboration features of this plugin)
A note on security
The Stash Realtime Editor uses a secured Firebase instance to store temporary deltas while your code is being edited. Only users with the Share URL generated for each editing session are able to access those deltas.
This Firebase integration can be enabled on a per-repository basis. But if your company restricts whether code fragments can temporarily exist in the cloud, and you do not trust repository administrators to disable collaboration, the Realtime Editor may not be for you.
Basic support resources are available for this app.
Version 1.0.8 • Bitbucket Server 3.0.0 - 3.4.3 • Released 2014-09-22
Disable collaboration per-repository
This version adds configuration in the repository settings to disable Firebase integration. You must be a repository administrator to enable or disable collaboration, and collaboration is disabled by default.
- Log into your Bitbucket instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Realtime Editor for Stash via search. Results include app versions compatible with your Bitbucket instance.
- Click Install to download and install your app.
- You're all set! Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.
To find older Realtime Editor for Stash versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.