Attachment Checker for Jira
- Jira Service Management
Protect your Jira against unauthorised file attachments
Flexible policies for file attachments
Control the way that attachments can be uploaded either with blacklisting or whitelisting the types of files allowed
Alert users on duplicate files
Alert the user if the issue already has another attachment with the same filename. It can also be configured to fire events for notifications when attachments are added/removed.
Address your security and performance issues by scanning all uploaded attachments
Attachment Checker for Jira allows admin to secure their Jira instance by
- Whitelisting / Blacklisting file types (JRA-13684, JRA-61024)
- Limiting the number of attachments per issue
- Restricting attachments with duplicate file names (JRA-2169)
- Scanning attachments for viruses (JRA-8626)
- Notification for attachment events
- Restrict user groups from downloading attachments (JRASERVER-40061)
- Log attachment downloads
Features can be configured to turn on/off with customised messages.
- ensure conformance of authorised file formats
- prevent multiple copies of the same file from being uploaded
- avoid confusion caused by attachments with the same filename
- detection of infected files
- avoid circulation of virus infected files via Jira
- conserve disk space and bandwidth by blocking certain file types
This helps to address the finding commonly raised in Vulnerability Assessment Tests.
- CWE-434: Unrestricted Upload of File with Dangerous Type
We have a similar Attachment Checker for Confluence.
Privacy and security
Checks during creating/editing issues