RESTful Worklog Query
As we continue to move towards a cloud future together, new server app sales and installs are no longer available for customers. You can update app version via Atlassian Marketplace until the end of support for server on Feb 15, 2024. Learn more
Retrieve time tracking data in JSON format via an authenticated RESTful service
Using the Worklog Query Plugin is easy to retrieve time tracking data from any application.
Worklogs of an interval
* The query returns the worklogs that belong to the specified interval.
* The query considers the startdate value of the worklog.
To run queries, it is essential to be authenticated. The process of authentication can be performed in different ways:
- authentication provided by Jira in a browser;
- by the help of Http Basic Authentication.
Worklog Query Plugin for Jira enabling its users to run worklog queries and apply parameters on these queries through RESTful services.
- Using the Worklog Query Plugin is easy to retrieve time tracking data from any application.
- The plugin handles queries according to user roles, therefore, these queries can only be run on worklogs the user has appropriate permissions to access.
- Various filtering parameters can also be set up to narrow down the search results to a certain interval of time, user, user group and/or project.
- The result of the worklog query is served in JSON format.
See here for examples.
Privacy and security
The query returns the worklogs that belong to the specified interval. The query considers the startdate value of the worklog.