Powerful, intuitive Jira reports and metrics for managers
Powerful, intuitive Jira reports and metrics for managers
Track issue trends, inter-project links, work logged and multi-project metrics. Create rich charts with results sliced by any combination of issue fields for detailed analysis.
Browse the Reports directory by use case for dozens of ready-to-run reports that track service performance, team performance, issue lifecycles and more.
Customize and save reports to share with team members, include on Jira dashboards and in Confluence, export to PDF or Excel, and re-run with a single click.
Arsenale® Dataplane™ delivers powerful, intuitive Jira reports for managers, allowing you to reach back in time and look at historical trends, the timing of transitions, and project and team performance.
Arsenale Dataplane reporting for Jira provides:
- Powerful Built-in Reports: track issue trends, work logged and much more
- Customize and Save Reports: build your own directory of customized reports that can be run with a single click
- Subscribe to Reports: automatically run and email reports on a daily, weekly or monthly schedule
- Report Sharing: give other team members the ability to run and copy your customized reports
- Dashboard Gadgets: display Dataplane reports as gadgets on your Jira dashboards
- Leverage Jira Search Filters and JQL: use existing Jira search filters or custom JQL for targeted results
- Export to PDF, CSV and Excel
In English, German and Japanese.
Joshua- We appreciate your sharing the ease with which your teams are generating reports in Dataplane. And your frustration with delays in certain features is on target and understandable. While "five years" of stagnation doesn't match what we believe we've been delivering to customers, you are correct that the pace of new features slowed considerably and unexpectedly over the last 18 months. We humbly apologize for that deceleration, and frankly the team here shares your frustration. As you noted, we recently announced a major organizational change that was about 18 months in the making and unfortunately consumed significant resources. With that behind us, Arsenale is again focused on the future of Dataplane. The product team just released a new Dataplane version today with a host of new features and improvements including showing data labels/values within charts, as you requested. We'll have much more to share in the next few months as we ramp up the pace of delivering new functionality. Thank you for your honest feedback, and please contact our team if your expectations are not met.
- Arsenale Support
Hi Pavels. We added a vote on your behalf to our internal feature request on that functionality. One concern we've had about making that menu title customizable is that it might confuse users who browse the Dataplane User Guide or try to follow our tips when contacting the Arsenale Support team. (We'd like to avoid having to ask customers what their Jira screen looks like before being able to suggest how to navigate to a specific Dataplane feature.) But the product team is thinking this one through again, as we've had a few customers ask for the same thing. Thank you for your review, and for taking time to share this idea with us. If you have any followup questions, please contact our Support Team.
- Arsenale Support
Heather- We're very sorry that your experience with Dataplane has been frustrating. With thousands of organizations successfully using Dataplane on a daily basis that is not the typical experience. We reviewed the product issues you and your colleagues raised with us, and our responsiveness, to see where we missed the ball. At a previous organization you contacted us about a blocking Dataplane issue that we hadn't seen before. We reviewed your Jira log files and suggested a number of possible systemic issues including a corrupted app .jar file, or the need to clear certain Jira caches. Unfortunately we stopped hearing back from your team so were unclear if the issue was resolved based on our recommendations. Just recently, your organization contacted us on a Thursday with a support inquiry that only said "Arsenale Dataplane Reports do not work", but included no additional information. As a result we did not escalate the inquiry, and responded to your team on Monday to request more information. While the support team typically does not work weekends, the timing of our response did not meet our single business day goal. We have already taken steps to improve upon the team's responsiveness to such inquiries. As you know, we have since been working diligently with your colleagues to address the issues raised, provided workarounds, and delivered a fix in the latest Dataplane release. Additionally, the support team reviewed your Jira configuration and made a number of additional recommendations to improve general Jira performance and that of Dataplane reporting. There are always things we’re learning from our customers and areas in which we can improve. Please contact our team if there are any additional steps we can take to improve upon your experience.
- Arsenale Support
|10 users$10||25 users$350||50 users$700||100 users$1,250||250 users$2,250||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. This app is sold as a perpetual license, and the purchase price includes 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your Atlassian product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your Atlassian product. For Jira 7.0 or later, the app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. For example, if you're running Jira Software (500 users) and Jira Service Desk (25 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 500-user tier for apps. For versions of Jira prior to 7.0, the app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly.
- Can I install this app in a Data Center product?
This app does not have a Data Center approved version. Only apps meeting a set of performance requirements for large, clustered environments are approved for Data Center.
However, while server apps are built for single-server deployments, many customers successfully install them in Data Center products. If you're using a Data Center product, Atlassian recommends you contact the vendor to determine compatibility at scale.
Learn more about Data Center approved apps
- What type of license do I need if I'm using this app in a Data Center product?
Because this app does not have a Data Center approved version, you should purchase a Server license if you decide to install this app in a Data Center product.
Learn more about Data Center licensing
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses for server apps?
For server apps, academic licenses are available at a 50% discount if you have an academic license for your Atlassian product.
Community and open-source licenses are available for server apps. Learn more about community and open source licenses.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
Arsenale is a Top Vendor, committed to providing support for their apps at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Version 2.4 • Jira Server 7.0.0 - 7.13.2 • Released 2019-02-27
Major feature release with new field support, report options & performance gains
- Support for new custom field types from Tempo Timesheets, Jira Misc Custom Fields (JMCF) and more
- Copy reports directly from the reports directory
- Automatic totals of all data columns and rows
- Optionally display data values within charts
- Full app data exports and imports
- Compatibility with AdoptOpenJDK 8 Java
- Performance improvements to full index builds on Postgres, SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Performance improvements in processing Customizer Scripts
...and much more.
Please see the FULL RELEASE NOTES for complete details, including additional features, improvements and fixes.
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new apps or Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Arsenale Dataplane - Jira Reports via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Arsenale Dataplane - Jira Reports. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Arsenale Dataplane - Jira Reports begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Jira instance.
To find older Arsenale Dataplane - Jira Reports versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.