Project Configurator for Jira
- Jira Service Management
- Jira Software
Manage and migrate data and configurations in Jira Server or Data Center
Stage, approve, and push Jira changes live
Project Configurator automates the process of manually copying Jira projects and configurations. Specify whether to export/import only specific configurations or complete projects (configuration and data).
Export & import Jira Service Management objects
Easy Jira migrations - Safely test changes to internal or customer facing Jira Service Management projects in a staging environment by exporting and importing Jira Service Management Projects or configurations.
Easy error detection and make flexible changes
Simulate imports to identify and resolve any potential issues before completing the import for real. PC4J allows changes to be made directly from the simulated import report, providing flexibility and time savings.
This app was recently acquired by Appfire. Learn more in our blog post.
Top use cases:
- Test configuration updates on a staging environment before pushing them to production
- Duplicate configurations for use in new instances
- Separate one large Jira instance into two
- Consolidate scattered instances of Jira and enable a reliable single source of truth
- Move dashboards, filters and Agile boards, with rich options to control exports
- Migration support for some third-party apps like ScriptRunner for Jira, and JSU Automation Suite for Jira Workflows
- Visibility into what objects will cause errors when moving projects
- Full migration of configuration objects (such as custom fields, groups, screens, statuses and roles within workflows)
Looking for a cloud version? Check out Configuration Manager for Jira — another Appfire app that helps you manage configurations in Jira.
The Appfire platform features dozens of top-selling apps that help teams worldwide solve big challenges.
Privacy and security