Powerful, consistent and easy mail communication in Jira
Powerful, consistent and easy mail communication in Jira
You can define a set of custom email templates for your project team to re-use to keep email communication consistent and professional. Templates are fully-customizable and can also embed actual issue details.
Emails can be sent "by hand" from the issue view screen or automatically based on issue transition. You can either use a previously defined template or create the message from scratch.
Each and every email sent with Email Task is saved and can be accessed from the issue activity screen, just like issue comments, so that you're always up to speed with the communication happening.
The main idea behind Email Task is to allow you to turn any Jira issue into the email you want.
You start with preparing your own email templates, where you can:
- define email body with a user-friendly HTML editor
- set default recipients (i.e. assignee)
- embed actual issue details (i.e. due date)
With the templates set up, you can then send out the emails, either "by hand" from the issue screen or along with an issue transition thanks to workflow post function support. All mail messages sent by Email Task are recorder for future traceability.
Having this simple-yet-powerful functionality enables you to cover a number of use cases, such as:
- communicating with your customers using consistent email messages
- keeping email communication next to actual Jira issue for better traceability
- sending automated, custom-tailored email notifications to any user involved on issue transition
- and many more!
Thank you for your feedback, it will help us improve Email Task.
We will look into this.
|10 users$10||25 users$50||50 users$100||100 users$150||250 users$250||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. This app is sold as a perpetual license, and the purchase price includes 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your Atlassian product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your Atlassian product. For Jira 7.0 or later, the app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. For example, if you're running Jira Software (500 users) and Jira Service Desk (25 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 500-user tier for apps. For versions of Jira prior to 7.0, the app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly. Note: While this app has features specific to Jira Service Desk, the app is technically available across the whole Jira instance. Therefore the above guidelines for the license tier still apply.
- Can I install this app in a Data Center product?
This app does not have a Data Center approved version. Only apps meeting a set of performance requirements for large, clustered environments are approved for Data Center.
However, while server apps are built for single-server deployments, many customers successfully install them in Data Center products. If you're using a Data Center product, Atlassian recommends you contact the vendor to determine compatibility at scale.
Learn more about Data Center approved apps
- What type of license do I need if I'm using this app in a Data Center product?
Because this app does not have a Data Center approved version, you should purchase a Server license if you decide to install this app in a Data Center product.
Learn more about Data Center licensing
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses for server apps?
For server apps, academic licenses are available at a 50% discount if you have an academic license for your Atlassian product.
Community and open-source licenses are available for server apps. Learn more about community and open source licenses.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
Transition Technologies PSC is a Top Vendor, committed to providing support for their apps at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Version 2.4.1 • Jira Server 7.0.0 - 7.13.1 • Released 2019-02-15
Improvements, Minor bug-fixes, New features
- Post function templates page show who (and when) modified template last time
- Improved embedded image handling
- Custom field name in the template variables
- Custom colors picker - now you can change text color or text background color to desired one
- Compatibility issues with Scriptrunner
- Issue with variables in issue details blocking the use of email template
- Tables - you can insert tables in your emails
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new apps or Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Email Task via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Email Task. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Email Task begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Jira instance.
To find older Email Task versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.