Powerful, consistent and easy mail communication in Jira
You can define a set of custom email templates for your project team to re-use to keep email communication consistent and professional. Templates are fully-customizable and can also embed actual issue details.
Emails can be sent "by hand" from the issue view screen or automatically based on issue transition. You can either use a previously defined template or create the message from scratch.
Each and every email sent with Email Task is saved and can be accessed from the issue activity screen, just like issue comments, so that you're always up to speed with the communication happening.
The main idea behind Email Task is to allow you to turn any Jira issue into the email you want.
You start with preparing your own email templates, where you can:
- define email body with a user-friendly HTML editor
- set default recipients (i.e. assignee)
- embed actual issue details (i.e. due date)
With the templates set up, you can then send out the emails, either "by hand" from the issue screen or along with an issue transition thanks to workflow post function support. All mail messages sent by Email Task are recorder for future traceability.
Having this simple-yet-powerful functionality enables you to cover a number of use cases, such as:
- communicating with your customers using consistent email messages
- keeping email communication next to actual Jira issue for better traceability
- sending automated, custom-tailored email notifications to any user involved on issue transition
- and many more!
Thank you for your feedback, it will help us improve Email Task.
We will look into this.
|10 users$10||25 users$50||50 users$100||100 users$150||250 users$250||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. Licenses are perpetual and the purchase price include 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your host product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your host product. For Jira Server 7.0 or later, the app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. For example, if you're running Jira Software (50 users) and Jira Service Desk (10 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 50-user tier for apps. For versions of Jira Server prior to 7.0, the app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly.Note: While this app has features specific to Jira Service Desk, the app is technically available across the whole Jira instance. Therefore the above guidelines for the license tier still apply.
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses?
For server apps, purchase and renewal is half-price if you have an academic license for your Atlassian host product. Server apps are always free for community and open-source licenses.
For more details about qualifying for special licenses, see here.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian host product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
Transition Technologies PSC is an Atlassian Verified vendor, committed to providing support for their apps at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Version 2.3.1 • Jira Server 7.0.0 - 7.9.2 • Released 2018-03-26
Minor bug fixing
- Issue with character encoding in custom fields
- Minor bug fixing
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Email Task via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Email Task. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Email Task begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Jira instance.
To find older Email Task versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.