- Released 2020-11-12 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • CommercialMinor version update
- Version 3.2.1 • Released 2020-09-30 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
Re-publication of 3.2.0 with only the bugfixes and compatibility with Confluence 7.8.0.
- Version 3.1.4 • Released 2019-09-30 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
This version of Play SQL Spreadsheets comes with Play SQL Base compatible with Confluence 7.
- Version 3.1.3 • Released 2019-05-27 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
Compatibility with Confluence 6.15.4.
- Version 3.1.2 • Released 2019-01-29 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
PLAYSQL-265 Since we don't get much information from the usage job, and although administrators could simply disable it, we've just removed it.
We've also removed the Heroku integration, since it was disabled a year ago.
- Version 2.13.13 • Released 2018-05-28 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
PLAYSQL-251 Fix pasting issues:
- Typing or pasting into a cell should give the focus to that cell. Editing a cell required a click since the last revision, and it was a bug.
- Prevent popping out the drop-down when pasting several cells on a multiple-choice list.
- Pasting a table should transform it into a macro.
- Version 2.13.11 • Released 2017-12-14 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
Those bugfixes have been corrected in Play SQL Base, which is included in Play SQL Spreadsheets and can be updated separately. This version only ensures new customers get the latest version of both by default.
- Version 2.12.6 • Released 2017-07-25 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
- Version 2.12.1 • Released 2017-05-17 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • CommercialWe're introducing a detail, per-record view, so that each record now has a permanent link.See the release notes for the rest of the details:
- PLAYSQL-125 Forms,
- PLAYSQL-222 In the setup, we require a schema name when in spreadsheet mode (read-write).
- PLAYSQL-222 Fix the space drop-down in the setup. It lets you set different connection details for a given space than the global connection.
- PLAYSQL-219 Fix a bug with the User picker and Page picker for cells.
- PLAYSQL-218 Fix minor bugs for Internet explorer.
- PLAYSQL-194 Fix the row menu, which didn't appear in some configurations.
- PLAYSQL-206 We use an external plugin named "PSEA" to export to Excel. The plugin is shared between Play SQL and Requirement Yogi, which decreases the memory requirements by 15Mb for instances where both are installed. PSEA must be present, and is installed when Play SQL is installed.
- Version 2.11.7 • Released 2016-11-02 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
- PLAYSQL-208 Compatibility with Confluence 6.0 and bugfix for Confluence Data Center.
- PLAYSQL-203 Require a dialect when administering a connection.
- PLAYSQL-202 In the setup, hide the Next button until the administrator saves the connection.
- PLAYSQL-201 Warn if the space key is not set in the macro (invisible, but necessary field – This happens when the macro is initially created on a global template).
- PLAYSQL-199 Change class names so we can install Bob Swift's plugin alongside Play SQL.
- PLAYSQL-193 Anonymous should be able to run queries, if the space permissions allow anonymous to see a page.
- Version 2.11.4 • Released 2015-12-02 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
PLAYSQL-192 - Fix compatibility for Confluence 5.9.1. Compatible with 5.10.x too.
No feature change in this bugfix version.
It has become difficult to provide comptability over both Java 7 and 8, and over several Confluence versions.
In this particular version, we had to drop compatibility with older versions of Confluence. Most customers who keep the add-on up-to-date also upgrade their Confluence instance from time to time, so we hope this will be minor inconvenience.
Going forward, we desire to keep the old policy: We maximize the backwards-compatibility when possible. It is only in this version that we've met particular difficulties. Thank you.
- Version 2.10.10 • Released 2015-08-19 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
- PLAYSQL-165 Joint Tables can now use another column than the primary key.
- PLAYSQL-157 Fixed a problem where rows couldn't be copied. However, in some situations, the user still needs to wait for 2 seconds before copying the row, otherwise nothing is copied.
- PLAYSQL-170 When the pagination is displayed, provide the ability to display all rows, reduce margins and go full-screen.
- Version 2.10.8 • Released 2015-07-20 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
This release contains a few improvements which have been requested by several users. Especially, joint tables are a powerful feature and they're becoming easier to build. Reordering columns, truncating a table and navigation will probably make a few of you happy.
- PLAYSQL-98 User Parameters: Allow blank default value
- PLAYSQL-151 User Parameters: Fix frozen value in page view
- PLAYSQL-139 Navigation: Add menu in the toolbar of the editor for cancellation, duplication, deletion. Add breadcrumbs for old theme.
- PLAYSQL-144 Reorder columns
- PLAYSQL-145 Delete all contents of a table
- PLAYSQL-148 Add error message when typing letters in an integer column
- PLAYSQL-149 Allow selecting spreadsheets from other spaces
- PLAYSQL-152 Error message improvement
- PLAYSQL-153 Joint Tables: Automatically create the underlying comments table
- Version 2.10.7 • Released 2015-07-14 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
PLAYSQL-141: Customer reported an problem when using Confluence 5.8.5 and JNDI datasources. It is due to a classpath issue when instantiating a datasource.
PLAYSQL-143: Fix an issue for MySQL about the database details. Also fix the autofilters/sort for MySQL.
- Version 2.10.4 • Released 2015-06-25 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
See the release notes 2.10:
- Joint Tables (augmenting a read-only table with comments)
- Open-source dialects
- Create from the Create dialog
- New pricing
Technical note: There are schema changes in this version. It is safer to have a backup of Postgres before upgrading. More information in the 2.10 Upgrade Guide for system administrators.
- Version 2.9.1 • Released 2015-01-30 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
See the bug tracker for details:
- Confluence 5.7: Fix UI design,
- Confluence 5.7: Fix colliding keyboard shortcut and spreadsheet edition,
- Fix selecting text in cells,
- Fix the display port scrolling when editing a cell
- Fix changing a column's name
- Version 2.8.3 • Released 2014-12-01 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
- Version 2.8 • Released 2014-11-14 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
There are so many changes and improvements in this release that we hope to satisfy many long-standing user requests in one single version! See Release Notes 2.8.
Important: Confluence 5.3 and Java 7 are required.
- Queries can now use the same renderers as Spreadsheets,
- Rich / Static / Print layouts,
- User Parameters for queries,
- Upgrade of the system requirements,
- MySQL and Oracle users are still unsupported, but they have a specific dialect. A small configuration task is required for those users.
- Version 2.7.3 • Released 2014-11-05 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
User Parameters weren't displayed in the Macro Browser for Confluence 5.6.4. This release fixes it.
For more details, please see PLAYSQL-84.
For details on upcoming improvements, please see our blog post.
- Version 2.6.5 • Released 2014-05-04 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
- PLAYSQL-65 Queries: Ability to remove the header
- PLAYSQL-66 Button to duplicate spreadsheets (Confluence 5.1+ only)
- Version 2.5 • Released 2013-12-14 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
Important: Please upgrade to 2.3 before upgrading to superior versions.
- SQL Wizards, to write and learn SQL
- New colorful SQL editor
- Version 2.3.1 • Released 2013-11-29 • Supported By Support team • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
New in this release
- PLAYSQL-33: Paste cells to create columns and rows
Fixed in this release
- It is now possible to edit a column name without using the menu:
- First click: Select the column
- Second click: Show the menu
- Third click: Rename the column
- The right way to start editing a cell is to press Enter. If you start typing, Play SQL will attempt to catch the characters and write them into the cell. It doesn't work for the 'c', for example, which opens the "Create" dialog.